Thursday, December 16, 2010

Measuring Performance of an Online Busines

Measuring Performance of an Online Busines

       Researching the trends of technology and internet use I sensed potential on online stores. The fact that I have no prior experience, neither on retail nor on website, online operations disfavors my position compared to my competition, however I am determent to give it my best.
   After a cautious exploration and evaluation I decided to use “Google Analytic” as a tool to facilitate the performance measuring process of my online store.
Why?
1- It is provided at no cost to me
2-It is proven to be effective
3- It is relatively simple and easy to operate
4- It presents me will valuable information
How will “Google Analytic” assist me?
Google Analytic is going to be of assistance to me and my store in two ways:
a- Track down any and all specific problems with the website and the store
b- Track my online store activities (sales, number of visitors, amount of money spend per visitor and so forth) (Elated, 2010).
 Some key metrics utilized by Google Analytic in this process include:
Conversion rate, Bounce rate, Pages per visit, Time on site, Goal funnels, AdWords campaigns (Elated, 2010).


References
Elated. ( 2010). Measuring your online store's success with Google Analytics.
         Retrieved December 12, 2010 from:

No comments:

Post a Comment